Tuesday, August 3, 2010

To Other Planets (1959) Part 2

Another Summer Re-run!

See here for Part 1:


One of the fun things about collecting for me is that after collecting an item there is still more story to be found. In this case I found a poster starring the book I blogged about back in February. The poster is from a collection I found of Russian space posters from the 1950s and 1960s.


This facinating poster book was published as part of an art show of these posters and is full of some beautiful examples. I will share more some other post.


The author of To Other Planets, Pavel Klushantsev, is a well known Russian SF film director and screenwriter, author of a well-known movie Planet of Storms, so it makes sense it would be highlighted in this 1961 poster. Just to finish the re-run portion of this post here are a few more images from the book:







1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see a bigger pic of that red one, with the cosmonaut upholding the hammer & sickle.

    ReplyDelete