Friday, October 23, 2015

Russian Popular Science journal (1958)



Again this was not probably for children but fits more into popular images of space. I have no doubt that some older children looked at this magazine. I have no idea of its title or general contents but it seems to have been popular science and some science fiction.  (Possibly Znanie-sila (Knowledge is Power)) It reminds me of Popular Science and Popular Mechanics along with a number of popular technology journals. Feel free to share your additional information about it. Some of these illustrations are so good that I wanted to share them even if I did not know the context. This 1958 issue (maybe nov or Dec) was highlighting one of the latest Russian launches.



A very interesting illustration of the extreme conditions that humans may encounter during exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment