Friday, February 17, 2017

"Man and The Moon" Disney classroom guide (1958)




On Feb 22 I have hit 1 million pageviews!
(Total Pageviews 1,001,264)

The second of the Disney classroom guides to their "Science-factual" films.

Man and the Moon was first shown on Disneyland on December 28 1955. It also became a comic book and was a 1959 classroom text.  For the influence of this and other Disney films I strongly recommend this article (which even mentions this pamphlet):

"The Disney-Von Braun Collaboration and Its Influence on Space Exploration"
by Mike Wright, Marshall Space Flight Center Historian
https://history.msfc.nasa.gov/vonbraun/disney_article.html#16














1 comment:

  1. We did it in less time. But then nothing afterwards. Or did we do more with our moon info? I guess I'd better google.
    I was only 7 years old - 2nd grade - when this came out. We grew up believing anything was possible if we put our mind to it.
    No wonder we tried so hard. Now I just don't see it - the hope.

    ReplyDelete